Shipping a car or truck from California to Washington can be a convenient and cost-effective way to get your vehicle to its new destination, especially if you are moving long distance or do not want to put the wear and tear on your vehicle by driving it yourself. However, it is important to understand the costs involved in car shipping so that you can budget accordingly and make an informed decision about the best option for your needs.
The cost to ship a car or truck from California to Washington will depend on a number of factors, including the size and type of the vehicle, the distance of the move, the shipping method you choose, and any additional services you may need. Here is a breakdown of the main factors that can affect the cost of car shipping and how you can estimate the cost for your specific situation.
Size and type of the vehicle
One of the main factors that will affect the cost of shipping your car or truck from California to Washington is the size and type of the vehicle. Larger vehicles, such as full-size trucks and SUVs, will typically cost more to ship than smaller vehicles like sedans or hatchbacks. This is because larger vehicles take up more space on a transport truck and may require special equipment to load and unload.
The type of vehicle you are shipping can also affect the cost. For example, classic or luxury vehicles may require specialized handling and transport, which can increase the cost. Similarly, vehicles that are not in good working condition or have been modified may also require additional handling or equipment, which can increase the cost of shipping.
Distance of the move
The distance of the move is another important factor to consider when estimating the cost of shipping a car or truck from California to Washington. The further the distance, the more expensive the shipping will typically be. This is because the transport company will have to cover more ground and incur additional costs, such as fuel and tolls.
There are several different shipping methods available for moving a car or truck from California to Washington, and each one has its own set of costs and benefits. Here are the main options:
- Open transport: This is the most common and cost-effective method of car shipping. Your vehicle will be loaded onto an open transport truck along with other vehicles and shipped to the destination. This method is generally the most affordable, but it does leave your vehicle exposed to the elements during transport.
- Enclosed transport: This method involves shipping your vehicle in a fully enclosed trailer, which provides added protection from the elements and potential damage during transport. This option is more expensive than open transport, but it can be worth it for high-value or classic vehicles that need extra protection.
- Driveaway service: With a driveaway service, you hire a professional driver to transport your vehicle from California to Washington. This option can be convenient if you do not want to put the wear and tear on your vehicle or if you are unable to drive the vehicle yourself. However, it is generally more expensive than other shipping methods.
There are also a number of additional services that you can choose to add to your car shipping plan, which can affect the overall cost. Some of the most common additional services include:
- Door-to-door delivery: This service involves picking up your vehicle at your current location and delivering it directly to your destination. This can be convenient, but it can also be more expensive than terminal-to-terminal shipping, where you drop off and pick up your vehicle at a designated terminal.
- Insurance: Most car shipping companies will offer insurance coverage for your vehicle during transport, but it is important to carefully review the terms of the policy to make sure it meets your needs.
As of January 2023 The cost to ship a car from California to the Seattle Washington area is around $1195. During summer this gets closer to $1500 per vehicle for a sedan. Call us 7 days a week to speak to an agent to book your transport at 800-216-6045